Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Food Review: Strangers' Reunion

Visited Strangers' Reunion recently, and I heard that they have a newly re-launched menu.
I can't remember the differences because I've only been there once.

Of course with every menu re-print, the prices get a contract renewal too :x

Every cafe I visit, I'll most probably order their Iced Chocolate - $7.90.
My main problem with that: sometimes I get a drink which tastes exactly like iced milo. :x

At this price, I would consider Strangers' Reunion's version worth it.
It contains a dollop of vanilla ice cream, milk, and a generous scoop of cocoa powder.
One of the better versions I've had. (:


Truffle Fries - $18
Generous amounts of shaved parmesan and very fragrant aioli dip,
but the truffle taste wasn't very strong compared to the last time I had it.
The fries wasn't very hot as well; it was only lukewarm.


Chicken Cordon Bleu - $22.90
Roasted chicken breast, stuffed with ham and oozing cheese, and accompanied with red wine sauce.
I liked the sear on the exterior, and together with the sauce, the chicken isn't too dry.


Pearlyn's Smoked Duck Aglio Olio - $18.90
The duck was tender, not too chewy or hard.
Spaghetti is slightly dry.


Bowei's Truffle Cream Pasta with Italian Pork Sausage - $20.90
This one was good too!
No outstanding truffle taste but sauce was light and not overly creamy.

For both the pasta dishes, I thought the serving was quite small and it wont be enough for me.


Jh's Crispy Pork Belly - $26.90
Accompanied with red wine sauce and truffled mash (potato).
I love this one too! Crispy pork skin and melt-in-your-mouth fats.
The truffled mash is nice too, creamy and infused with the truffle taste.
It seems over over-priced though, because its basically sio ba :x


We ordered Buttermilk Waffles - $14.90 to share!
As usual, the waffles are the awesomest bombz.
Crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside.
I can order this without any other toppings. Except maybe maple syrup, which no one can resist. ;p

When I was researching on Strangers' Reunion, 
I also discovered that they have a branch right next door, with their famous waffles and coffee as a highlight - Waffle Slayer.
Aptly named, and I want to go there for a try next time! :D


My dinner mates!



The small eyes club. < Pearlyn say one. :B


With my favourite pile of sai. :D



Strangers' Reunion 
33/35/37 Kampong Bahru Road
Nearest MRT: Outram, Purple Line Exit G

Opening hours: 
Closed on Tues
Sun - Thurs 9 am to 10 pm
Fri - Sat 9 am to 12 am

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...