Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Food Review: Maki-San

Found this interesting place from the list: 17 Most Delicious Restaurants under $15 in Singapore !
Previously visited Saizeriya due to this list too, 
and I was hoping that Maki-san wouldnt be a similar disappointment.

Well, it definitely wasn't! :D

What's Maki-san about? 
It's offers you a chance to customise your own sushi or salad!
They're all about the personalisation; if you have a chance, just visit their uber cute website.
This is a screenshot from a video I made there, cute right !


Interior of the place.
I love the vibrant primary colors they used to decorate the place.



First, fill in the order form!
There are a range of fillings available, and it's quite straightforward.
You can view it the online version here.


Le bf thinking hard in progress.


Standard combinations are also available if you cant decide or dont want to think too much. ;p

Looking at the preparation area, it feels like a Japanese version of Subway, doesnt it? 
The sushi roll is popped into a machine to slice it evenly.
I'll admit that I was very wowed by it, LOL.




Taa-daa! 
The sushi is packed into these super cute individual boxes. 
I admit, I brought one home cause it was too cute. :B



Share your #Makisan ! :D


Nah, give you all a zoomed in look at my customised sushi!

I picked Little San - $7.90, which gives me the choice of 3 essentials, 1 sprinkle, and 1 house sauce.
For essentials, I chose sliced cheddar cheese (no surprise!), roasted mushrooms, and ebiko.
My sprinkle was tempura crunch, and smoky cheddar cheese sauce to finish. :D

#omnomnom !


I like the idea of being able to choose what goes into your sushi, and honestly, the variety of ingredients will spoil you.
Maki-san is making an effort to promote healthy eating, as seen from the option to choose healthy versions, and the wide choices of vegetables they offer.
A single maki may not be filling, at least for my stomach size, but it is value for money due to the freshness of the ingredients.


seriously, even the map is so adorable !

Maki-San
The Cathay, #B1-17/18
2 Handy Road, Singapore 229233

Opening hours:
Daily 11.30 am to 9.30 pm

Explored Orchard Gateway after dinner !
And woah, its an awesome place to snap the sunset.




#pokandpok.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...